Code of Conduct
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of DigiByte.social; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
The discussion, use, and promotion of blockchain / cryptocurrency projects is completely permitted, with the following guidelines:
- Referral links (Such as for Exchanges) are permitted provided the referral link is not hidden in any way, and readers would be aware they are being referred when clicking on it
- Constant labelling of any / all projects as a scam is strongly discouraged, and more appropriate vocabulary should be explored where you disprove of a project or disagree with its existence.
- Blatant scams, MLM, pyramid schemes and the likes are not permitted, nor is any project promising guaranteed returns.
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
- Untagged nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in Germany and/or France, such as holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
- Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
This server will be financed through cryptocurrency donations. Initial domain registration, server setup and first couple of months has been provided for privately by parties who wish to see this project succeed. Donations can be made with DigiByte to digibyte:dgb1q0sxlcf9378gph0s3ksvuuzq53j0zjfqp8rhmv4.
DigiByte.social blocks communication with some servers that consistently breach the Code of Conduct. These servers were usually created with the intention of hate-speech in mind and have no place federating with DigiByte.social or it's users. You can revise the list of blocked domains here.